Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Selfless Service

I went to an event last night that focused on healing ourselves through food. I have spent the past 8 years actively engaged in alternative forms of healing as well as reading about the body and how we can heal ourselves through food, so I was right in my element. As i gazed around the room, everyone was overweight and almost all people who spoke shared that they were on not just one medication but a few medications for different things. People shared about spending thousands of dollars taking different tests at the doctors office to find out what was wrong with their thryroid, what they were allergic to, having blood taken and on and on.

But, the most exciting thing was that everyone single one of them was open to looking at other alternatives and that is why they were there. I spoke of Living Foods and Yoga and how each of these things is crucial in reconnecting with the body. I shared about my own time that i spent disconnected from my body and how this affected every other area of my life. In fact, my journey to health and wellness was all about reconnecting to my self and then to others.. It has all been about being available to selfless service and realizing every single day that the more I can be doing selfless service, the more that I am in the place where i am supposed to be. I truly believe that if we all heal ourselves then it becomes clear what we are supposed to be doing in our lives. Everyone has a different purpose but I believe that everyone's purpose includes service.

No comments:

Post a Comment