Monday, July 12, 2010

100% Responsibility

I've been thinking about this concept of being 100% responsible for EVERYTHING that happens in my life. Every choice that I make has an outcome, a reaction, a consequence, a result. We cannot always know what these will be, but we have many choices to make everyday. Recently, I have been dealing with making decisions that have been challenging my weaknesses. I know intuitively how to handle them and know what I want to do, but I find myself reacting to my fears about not being liked or others not truly understanding where I am coming from.

Bikram talks about not changing or cheating in a posture to conform to our weaknesses because ultimately, at this point, the benefits go out the window. He asks" Would you rather suffer for 90 minutes or 90 years?" This is so appropriate for me to read today, I will meet my fears head on and do what I feel is right in my heart. It's never to late to start from scratch once again. I love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment