Monday, December 17, 2012

I'm sending this Gift Early Because of the Recent Tragedy


I decided to send this gift out early based on the recent tragedy in Connecticut.
It's just heartbreaking and I know that people all over the world are experiencing an array of emotions. It's so crucial for us to share with one another and communicate our feelings with all of this going on. Come together and honor one another by sharing your feelings.                                 

I felt that this "gift" was appropriateat this time.

light and love AND NAMASTE ;-)
Lauren



#1 Take Good Care of Your Feelings

 

Just the other day, I found myself literally running in a circle. I was driving,

forgot where I was headed, turned around to go home, remembered where I was going

and then turned around to come home anyway. You ask, "well, if you remembered where

you were going, why did you turn around?" Yes, good question. In the split second

of remembering where I was going, I was immediately in touch with a feeling of anxiety.

I could feel tightness in my chest and my jaw was clenched. I got home walked inside,

sat down on my couch and closed my eyes. I took a deep breath and felt like my body

was still in motion.

 

"What is this feeling?" I thought to myself. In seconds, tears were streaming down

my face. I felt an immediate feeling of letting go and release come over my shoulders,

chest and then my whole body. The tears kept coming, and coming. With each wave

of tears, I continued to breathe and release them. After sitting with this for a

while along with the inquiry of "what is this feeling?", I began to get in touch

with something. I had been spending all of my time going and doing so much lately

and had not spent any time just to be with myself. I had not taken any time to

just be. With this clarity, I immediately thought about my family and my close

friends and what really mattered to me. It wasn't about the next thing I had to

do to market my business or how I was going to go to the store to buy something,

or what I was worried about. It all came back to being connected to the people

I love and care about.

 

We are moving so fast so much of the time that it's easy to completely neglect feelings

that may be affecting everyday occurrences. For instance, the same day I was running

in circles, I got a phone call from my mom and when she asked me "How are you?

I didn't hear from you last week." I immediately reacted with anger because of

the place I was in. Instead of just hearing that my mother misses me and wants to

know how I am.

 

Have you found yourself running in a circle lately? Have you been impatient with

yourself and or others?

 

Try this 4 Step Exercise to

Take Care of Your Feelings Today:

 

1.      Sit down for 5 minutes and just get still.

 

Take a long deep inhale and slow exhale. Again. A few more after that. Just be

with the stillness. Be with whatever comes.

 

2.      Now, ask yourself "What's the feeling?"

 

Just be with the inquiry. Allow whatever needs to come forward to come on it's

own. It will come. Allow it to come. It may show up as an emotion at first, it

may not even be clear to you. That's okay. Just be with whatever occurs. Notice

what you experience. Does your throat get tight? Are you wanting to laugh? Cry?

Are you breathing? Do not judge, just be. What's there? Allow it to be.

 

3.      See the feelings and hear what comes to you

 

As I allowed the tears to come, they also came and went. I was left with a feeling

of relaxation and also a deep yearning for wanting to relax and just be. No more

doing, just to be. It felt really good and I was clear I had been neglecting myself

in this way. What are you seeing? What do you hear?

It's all good, whatever it is.

 

4.      Create an affirmation and Acknowlege Yourself

 

It was as if with my eyes closed, I saw me standing there in front of me and I just

wanted to tell myself, "You have nothing to prove, you do enough and now you can

relax". My affirmation for this situation was, "You are enough, just by being".

My persistence to be a pillar of inspiration to others is so important. Yet, I

forgot that without filling back up again, this is not possible. Now that you

see and hear your feelings, what is it that you need to hear? Do you need to acknowledge

yourself for something (or lots of things). Do you need to really connect with

loving who you are? Right now, Create an affirmation around taking care of the

feelings that you are experiencing.

 

Hold your feelings in your arms and give them attention. You will see that they will respond when you

see them, feel them and then acknowledge them.

This is my gift to you.

 

I love you and honor the divine in you

 

Feel free to share your experience with me if you try this exercise.

 

Forward this to someone you care about.....

xoxoxox, Lauren


 

No comments:

Post a Comment